Thursday, October 15, 2020

Team Challenge card #1

 I'm a member of the Inky Stampers Team for Stampin Up, headed by Tracy Bish.  Such a supportive bunch of lovely ladies with a common interest, cardmaking and stamping!  

Last night we had our first ZOOM meeting, with show and tell.  Tracy challenged us to create from a kit she sent out.  The creativity was working overtime when I sat down and put the cards together; there are 4 in total.  Here is my first card:  Most items are retired product so please don't ask me what they were!!!  BUT the idea was how much FUN it was to participate in something like this.  


This Designer Series Paper had 2 distinct 'feels' to it.  A graphic and almost masculine side featuring yellow, green and black. The other sides were soft and pretty with pinks, white and mint green.


 I used an embossing folder fo the backing black cardstock and a sentiment from the From All of Us stamp set.  The stars were from the Warm Hugs bundle, cut with the coordinating dies.  I have always loved the wide striped grosgrain ribbon that Stampin Up have from time to time.  This colour however was a challenge but in a small amount on this card, it really finished it off.  

  

I hope you drag out your retired products occasionally and look at them with fresh eyes.
Happy crafting, Rachael xx



No comments:

Post a Comment