Sunday, December 13, 2020

Just Add Ink #535 - Magical Creatures

 I have to admit that I had to dig into my old stash of rubber to find some images and in fact, I coloured 2 images for this challenge but this one stood out and screamed to be made into a card first!

I made an easel card of sorts, popping up this huge image by Penny Black.  
Of course, very fitting being the Silly Season that I chose an elf as my magical creature.  
I coloured using Granny Apple Green, Real Red, Ivory, Grey Granite, Old Olive, Pool Party, Poppy Parade and Pumpkin Pie (for his hair!)  
I added some twine and watermark stamped some backgrounds.  He twinkles because I couldn't resist adding the snow flurries as background in Pool Party and good old Kindy Glitz got some use on the fur.  
As always, a great challenge that was lots of fun to create for.  Click on the image to go to their blog and be inspired.

I am wrapping presents today, with all Christmas Parties under our belts and finally some time to stop and relax.  Happy creating, Rachael xx




4 comments:

  1. Oh Rachael. Your elf is just adorable and full of personality. Beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card - lovely traditional colours and of course the cutest elf. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouring of such an adorable elf - the image was well worth digging up out of your stash Rachael! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete