Friday, July 2, 2021

Donut you know you deserve a treat?

 I saw an advertisement for a packaging company pop up on my Instagram yesterday.  It was a little box with a see-through lid and a donut in it. I was totally inspired!  Ok so it wasn't until I went to fuel up my car this morning at 7-eleven that I spotted the said donuts and knew I had to give a cute box a try. 

This box is made from two, 5 3/4 inch square pieces of basic white cardstock. Each one was then scored around the edges at 1 inch and cut on each corner, folded and glued to make a simple box base and lid.  There are plenty of tutorials on Youtube to give better instructions than I can.  

I stamped the edges of the top with the sprinkles from the Sweet Ice cream stamp set in Magenta Madness.  I used a sticky note to make sure it didn't go onto the top section.  I cut the top layered cards with the second largest circle from the layering circle dies.  I did add a small piece of acetate between the white base and the top 2 layers to protect the donut - this is probably optional if you are gifting it immediately.  If you want to purchase the products used for this and give it a go, please contact me.  Stampin Up products are so easy to work with!

My husband was very surprised when he got home to find his treat waiting on his computer!  
Happy SWEET crafting to everyone,
Rachael xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment