Sunday, July 11, 2021

For a great cause

 It's funny how social media works.  I received a tag on instagram the other day. requesting handmade cards for Fathers Day through Drought Angels.

This charity pulls at my heartstrings for a few reasons.  It's a typical Australian 'help a mate out who is doing it tough' idea.  My mum's family come from the land in Victoria and have been farmers for generations.  It makes me proud to know I come from a line of hard working people who contributed to society through the land.  My first teaching posting many years ago was to Broken Hill in NSW.  This outback town knows drought, it sits not far from the desert.  
So I grabbed out a new stamp and die  bundle and went to work.  I did use a retired DSP as a nod to my past (I first discovered Stampin Up through friends after I moved from Broken Hill to Far North Queensland).  It gave me a kick that by chance, one card actually has Stampin Up printed in the corner of the paper and can be seen on the card.  
In total I made 12 cards with matching envelopes.  I hope they find their way to someone who deserves to be celebrated on Fathers Day and that it brings a smile to them.  
Thank you to those wonderful volunteers who run this organisation.  If you would like to join in the card drive, contact myself or Drought Angels via their website (click on the logo at the top of this post).  I'm sure they would appreciate something small from those who know handmade also means made with love. 
Happy stamping to everyone,
Rachael xx




No comments:

Post a Comment