Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Zero Waste challenge

 I was so excited to see this as a challenge for our blog hop - the challenge was to either showcase how we can eliminate or minimise waste in our crafting or to recycle something in our project.  YAY!!! 


I had so many ideas that I actually started more than one project however this was my final piece.  







I guess this was the ultimate in zero waste, because everything I used is pretty much leftovers. The jar is an old olive jar that we emptied at Christmas. The dried citrus was left over blood orange and lime from my trees this year that I had dehydrated and they are perfect for adding to drinks. The confetti I hand cut with scissors from scraps of paper. In fact all the card stock in this project was scraps I had sitting on my desk.
 Finally the twine, was really old stuff that I had in a drawer somewhere and I pulled it out just to use. Of course any leftover ribbon or twine would do the same job.

I hope this has given you some inspiration and food for thought about how we can reduce, reuse and recycle in our daily crafting.  Noone likes to throw things away and I think papercrafters are great at using as much as they possibly can...

Happy Stamping,

Rachael xxx

HERE

Blog Hop Index

7 comments: