Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Inspirational Music Blog Hop

Welcome to our latest blog hop, where we take inspiration from music....

I'm a 1970's baby and growing up I was surrounded by music from some bands and singers who are still well known today.  There are so many songs or albums that form a part of my childhood memories because, as most were on tape or vinyl, they were played on repeat.  One part of my life (probably only 4 or 5) really focuses on the likes of Neil Diamond, John Denver, Charlie Pride and Dolly Parton.  So naturally, this card and song gives me all the feels of childhood.  

Any guesses to the song I've used for inspiration?  Whilst there are many favourites of Dolly's that sit in my memories (especially Coat of Many Colours), the song "Love is like a butterfly" really is one that makes my heart happy.  I've use the Butterfly Brilliance stamp and loads of different Stampin Blends to create pastel wings, adding some bling with silver cord and gems to make it sparkle.  I've coloured the background with the Blends also to create a mottled backdrop.  A little bit of white gel pen came in handy to create additional texture to the backdrop with lots of little dots.  
Please pop along to the other blogs to see where they draw their music inspiration from and the projects they chose to create from them.  
Happy Stamping,
Rachael xx



9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Nina, seems everyone loves a bit of Dolly ;)

      Delete
  2. Rachel this is beautiful and yes I can see where you got your inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some Dolly. What a great card inspired from her music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so many great memories filled with her music.

      Delete
  4. Love your card Rachael and your inspiration for it. Great to be hopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Rachael, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete