Monday, May 13, 2024

Scrapbook Sunday Blog Hop

 Hi everyone and welcome back to another blog hop.  Yes, I'm trying to revive my blog  (and keep pushing my creativity) with more hops.  I'm pleased to join the Crafty Collaborations team again for this hop!

In case you are new here, I've chosen to jump back into scrapbooking after a long hiatus.  I was a scrapbooker in a previous life, when my now adult children were young, including a member of online forums, design teams and published pages in magazines.  It was a busy time that fell away as life got busy and work became more demanding.

  We now have 3 beautiful grandsons to scrapbook about as well as new adventures to keep us busy and my camera roll full.  I've chosen to use 8x8 pages for my first album, easily cut from Stampin Up's Basic White Thick.

Today's page features the Adventurous Sky stamp and die bundle as well as the matching DSP.  A great background theme for 3 little boys.   And see those adorable metal embellishments that look like they belong on a plane?  They come in the Suite collection and are easily placed on the page using glue dots!  They add that masculine bling to the page!

The dies in this Suite make cutting out these fabulous detailed hand drawn planes so much easier than by hand.  I loved putting this together with the different sizes, each not only representing one of our boys but also to give the illusion that the planes were coming in to land, some in the distance and some in the foreground. 

Oh and a handy trick - I've created a lift up section which the photo is mounted on to hide journalling. So simple to do and by adding the top part of a tag (which is actually from the DSP, just cut out and use!), this flap remains hidden when in the album but contains all the important memory keeping too.

Please hop over to the other pages, leave some love for everyone.  Blog hops are a great way to grab a heap of inspiration in one place, and I'm excited to be joining these each month.  

Happy creating,

Rach xx


Blog Hop Index



2 comments:

  1. Rachael, this is a BRILLIANT layout with this suite... I would NEVER have thought to use planes without any photos of planes on my layout... Thanks for making me think outside the box <3 Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love this !! What a great idea using the Take to the Sky Suite - and the tag detail is fantastic. What a brilliant page - totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete