Sunday, September 20, 2026

Ink blending techniques with Stamping With Friends blog hop

Hi there crafters,

I’m joining the team from Stamping with Friends for a blog hop today that focuses on the technique of blending ink. To create this card, I have used blending brushes in a variety of ways which really give depth to the card.


Blending brushes are probably one of my favourite things to teach when I have a workshop. The depth that you get from using them on card stock alone is stunning. For this card I have added both granny Apple green and as you are afternoon to the top and bottoms of panels that were run through an embossing folder. Adding the ink really makes the ridges of the embossing pop out.


I love that stamping up release masks that colour in images. I’ve used a butterfly which was a part of our foiling system release. By using just blending brushes with some ink and layering them up using the masks, the pattern of colouring that gives you a finish that you just can’t replicate any other way. It’s also a simple way to colour in an image. I have several of these mask collections in my stash and love to get them out to show beginners as these are a real wow factor when adding to your purchases.


Whilst ink blending isn’t a part of the technique that we are focusing on, I did want to highlight that I use twine in my projects to Colour match. The easy way to use this is with blending brushes and an ink pad. I lay the twine over the ink pad surface and tap and brush the blending brushes until all of the fibres died with the ink. No messy fingers!

 

I had so much fun creating today’s project, this is one of my favourite Techniques, it’s one of my go to things to add to a card. I’m excited that the rest of the team will be highlighting even more hints and tips, please follow the links below. Don’t forget to leave a little love and say hi in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment