Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Same card, different colours

When you make a card that you like the look of, try doing it again in a different colour way for a totally different feel.  

This simple card was inspired recently by a few fellow demonstrators who have been using their acrylic blocks as a background stamp.  I used a square 1 1/4" block that I've had for a very long time and inked it up then pressed it straight down onto the whisper white cardstock.  I used the Forever Fern Cling Stamp Set to stamp over the top of the 'blocks' background.  I added a HELLO sentiment from the same stamp set which I raised with some dimensional dots. 

Originally I stamped using Gray Granite for the image and sentiment with a background of Petal Pink.  Then I repeated with Caypso Coral and Mint Macaroon for the background and memento black for the image and sentiment.  

I'm not sure which I like better.  What do you think?

The FOREVER FERN CLING STAMP SET is available from Stampin Up in our Annual Catalogue.  Let me know if you want to try this method of simple card making and need to purchase the stamp set.  


Happy crafting everyone,
Rachael xx


No comments:

Post a Comment