Monday, December 21, 2020

Let's Get Hopping #38 - Coordinating Envelopes

Welcome to The Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop Round 38 where our theme is to create a coordinating envelope.  

You've probably joined me from my lovely friend,  Tracy's blog.  Please pop into all the blogs to say hi and leave a comment, I'm sure the lovely participants would love to hear from you.  

I chose to use the Simply Succulents bundle for this months hop, which comes with a huge intricate background die.  I really wanted to show this off and what better way that to create a vellum envelope and line it with the die to create a shadow effect.  This bundle is in the upcoming mini catalogue and will be available from next month.  
For those who don't know me, I'm a little succulent obsessed, and have a big collection which I spent some time this week repotting ready for the warmth that is here currently in Queensland.  I did manage to get burnt in the process!  
Click on the photos to see a bigger image, this shows how the vellum really allows your card to shine even during the postage process.  A word of warning though...when using vellum to create something folded:  If you score, be very gentle.  It will tear easily.  Its a very durable paper product however doesn't take kindly to rough scoring.  
Here are a selection of my pretty plants which were great to reference when colouring to ensure I got the highlights and colours correct.  
Thanks for popping by.  Click the link to go to the next blog post by the wonderful Shelly Wadge.  





No comments:

Post a Comment