Thursday, July 22, 2021

Crafty Challenge Blog Hop


 This months challenge is to use the following colours to create a project:

This time of the year here in Australia can be miserable because its our cold winter, where daylight hours are lessened and it feels like you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark too.  This challenge made me feel so much happier - I love all the brights colours and nothing is so cheerful as this kind of combination.  I used the Biggest Wishes stamp set for the background and the Birthday Chick stamps for the sentiment and fun little chicken with cupcakes.
Fussy cutting these images and putting them on dimensional dots really make them pop off the card and give a fun element.  I have to admit, colouring them wasn't easy, I was tempted to add more colour but restrained myself.  
For a simple card, it really packs a punch because of the background stamping.  I think this is probably why I'm in love with the biggest wishes stamps, they are a lovely mix of bold type that can be used for more than just a sentiment.  I eyeballed the lining up of them for the background stamping.  I always feel like I've achieved something as a stamper when I can create a dramatic looking card without using Designer Series Paper or Embossing Folders! 

Don't forget, this is a blog hop.  Pop over the blogs listed below for more colour inspiration.  
Thanks for popping by and joining in our blog swap.




8 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a joyful card! Love how everything is put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card. Love the background and the way you have combined these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two of my fave stamp sets together - a winner for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable!! Need to try to get my lettering that straight! time to dig out the Stamparatus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your birthday wishes background. Awesome, so bold and rich in colour and design. Makes for a really "happy" birthday card, and such good use of the Biggest Wish set. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete