Thursday, July 22, 2021

July Ink and Inspiration - Make it sparkle


Welcome to the Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop. You are currently visiting Rachael Merrick from Australia. I hope you enjoy my "make it sparkle" project.
It was my mum's birthday recently and I wanted a special birthday card for her. She really enjoys painting and has been talking a lot lately about getting some alcohol inks to play with soI knew that the Artistically Inked DSP would be perfect. And because it's my mum, I wanted something to POP as well as sparkle.

I created the card front and inside with the floral and gold accented Designer Series Paper and to make it sparkle more, I used some of the mini opal sequins and gold accents which come in the suite.

The inside is a variety die cuts from the suite, as well as versamark inking with leaf images from the Hydrangea Haven stamp set. I've used more gold accents inside and layered them both on the inside panels as well as the pop up section to create more of a 3D effect. The added bonus is that the movement of the inside card panel that pops up, highlights the gold accents and makes them shimmer.

Don't forget to click on images to make them larger so you can see the detail of my card.

I hope the projects you've seen here on my blog today have inspired you.
You are currently visiting Rachael Merrick. Please see the list below & hop through all of the people on the list to see all our projects. You don't want to miss any!"



Happy creating,
Rachael xx

16 comments:

  1. Hi Rachael, Thank you for sharing such a beautiful fun fold card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty fun fold Rachael, love that dsp x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo, yes its a beautiful DSP isn't it!

      Delete
  3. Such a WOW card, happy birthday to your Mum, I'm sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! what a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mum will love it Rachael! Great idea on the inside too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb, she got a real kick out of it .

      Delete
  6. Great fun fold, love the DSP! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great fun fold Rachael. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete