Monday, September 20, 2021

Let's Get Hopping #46

Welcome to another Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop.  

This month the theme is "anything but a card".

You have probably found your way here from Nina's blog. Thanks for popping in!

For those who don't follow me or know me well, I started creating with paper almost 18 years ago.  I dabbled with Stampin UP but my biggest passion was scrapbooking and with that comes OTP (Off the Page) projects.  So I have a secret passion for creating gifts and altering items with paper based products.

I also love to gift candles, because often, these are not something we buy for ourselves and yet there is nothing nicer than having a house filled with fragrance from a lit candle.  So for todays project, I wanted to showcase how to easily make a plain glass candle into something worth giving.  

I've recently discovered these wonderful candles at Aldi of all places!  They are cheap ($3.50) and have a lovely long lasting fragrance.  The one I have at home so far has lasted well over 15 hours!  This one is a vanilla based smell.  I've wrapped it in DSP and added elements to the top.  No need for a matching card because the small sentiment says it all.  
I've used the free papers from Sale-A-Bration for this one.  Cut the layers for the top from the 2 largest circle dies and then hand cut the floral image and coloured it using Soft Succulent, Pale Papaya and Blushing Bride Stampin Blends.  Adding a sentiment from the Penguin Place stamp set and a few bits of bling in the form of gold ribbon and rhinestones, these gifts take less than 30 minutes to complete.  I'll be wrapping this one with some clear cellophane and curling ribbon and gifting to one of my lovely friends who are popping over for a workshop this weekend.  PERFECT hostess gift for only a few dollars.  

Thanks for popping by and checking out my project.  I hope you are inspired to alter something to gift now too.  Don't forget to pop onto our next blog with Tanya, and leave comments as you go.  


Happy Stamping, 



9 comments: