Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Technique Tuesday - heat embossing

Welcome to our Technique Tuesday blog hop - heat embossing...

 I've rediscovered heat embossing since I got a SU! heat emboss tool! And I have a love also for dry embossing using the cut and emboss machine so today, I've combined the two to create this background for this card.  Lots of metallics on this one!

Begin by choosing which side of your dry embossed image you can't to accent with the metallic embossing powder.  Ink up one side using versamark, tapping over and over to build up ink on the surface.

Run the embossing folder, with cardstock inside, through your machine and carefully remove.  
Cover with embossing powder - for this version, I've used the gold to match with the Simply elegant foiled Designer Series Paper.  
As you can see in my photo, the versamark ink doesn't always transfer to the entire embossed or debossed area but instead creates a highlight.  If you would like more 'fill' of the embossing powder, I would suggest  reinking and running it through again a few times to build it up.  When you have the coverage you are after, sprinkle on the embossing powder, shake off the excess then heat with your heat tool.  
The shine from the gold embossing powder is so pretty in the light and you can see how its really highlighted the detail.  

Products needed:  
Embossing folder
Versamark ink
embossing powder
heat tool 
cut and embossing machine. 
Thanks for popping by my blog.  Don't forget to go and see the other creative ideas from our talented team as listed below.  
Happy Stamping, Rachael xx



15 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! I tried this for the first time. I love how yours turned out and all your details. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I haven't hopped to the blogs yet but can't wait to see how yours turns out too. Thanks x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card. I will give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please do Lorraine, I would love to see what you make. xx

      Delete
  3. One of my favorite ways to use an embossing folder! Love how it looks on this embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its something I forget to do... but the results are always lovely. Thank you Robbie xx

      Delete
  4. What a pretty card! I love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete