Hey there crafters, welcome to the August blog hop with the team from New at SU!. Our theme this month is focused on the new Stampin' Up! Hot Foil System!!!
This has been an exciting time, as we introduce a brand new tool to use in our crafting. The pretty foil adds sparkle and finishes off projects so beautifully!

I wanted to play around with the Garden Silhouette die, paired with gold foil. I had seen so many people playing with this combination and wanted to try it with some ink blending as the background.
Flourish and Frames stamp set included an adorable bee stamp, which although is a part of one of the hot foil bundles, is also a great stand alone stamp! I made sure that I heat embossed the bee in gold, to match the foiled and inked panel. In addition to the theme of gold, I added some gold foil cardstock to mat my sentiment... why not a bit more shine!! If you look closely, both these cards have been created using the same products with one difference....
Can you spot it?
Since its Hot Foil System's release, I believe Stampin' Up! are going to made a flat die available for purchase, making sure the 'leftover' foil can be used a second time to create a negative image. I didn't wait for that, and instead used the backside of the large die (which is flat) to run the 'leftover foil' negative through the Cut n Emboss machine whilst it was still hot.
.png)
I made sure I ran it through VERY SLOWLY! I was thrilled with the results and meant I could create 2 cards using both the positive and negative images.
To add the colour to the white cardstock, I simply and gently used my ink blending brushes with a collection of different colours. The foil didn't come off when adding the colour (yes, I was scared that it might flake off!) and seems to easily resist to ink, leaving a beautiful panel to use in your card.
I hope you have enjoyed todays project, I am loving to learn a whole new way of crafting. I can't wait to show this to my lovely crafting friends during workshops! Be sure to hop along to the rest of the team members.... their ideas in using this amazing new tool, will also be inspiring.
Happy Stamping,
Rach x

.png)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment