Monday, October 19, 2020

One for the boys - Let's Get Hopping Round 36

Welcome to the Let's Get Hopping blog hop, its round 36 and my first time joining. You have probably come to me from Tracy's blog - if not, please pop back over there to say hi also.  

This months theme was 'One for the boys'.  I knew I wanted to use the "High Tide" Stamp set for this one and create a sunburst theme.  Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron make a fun and striking colour combination for this.  


I've popped the circular sentiment onto dimensional dots to lift it up from the page.  The 'ribbons' underneath were inked slightly so they had more depth.  


This probably isn't my typical type of card but as a mum of two teenagers, I think this would be the kind of card they couldn't mind getting.  

Thanks for visiting my little part of the blog hop, please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you. I know 'boys' cards aren't always easy to create, I hope this has inspired you to go bold with your colour and design choice.  Click on the arrow to go to Nina's blog next. 



Happy Stamping, Rachael xx

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Nina, this has been a great experience, I can't wait to hop again...

      Delete
  2. Love this bright and fun card Rachael, its perfect for young and teenagers. Welcome to the Lets Get Hopping crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum of 2 boys in their teens, I'm always needing fun boy ones!

      Delete
  3. What a cheery card and I love the flock of birds on this. Great card xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The High Tide set has been a lot more versatile than I first thought, thanks Mikaela.

      Delete
  4. Such a great example of how masculine cards can still be bright and fun. Welcome to the Let's Get Hopping team, Rachael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With teens, it has to be bright and fun. Thanks for the welcome :)

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the team Rachael! I love how bright & cheery your card is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is so supportive and friendly, thanks Alicia.

      Delete
  6. Great card Rachael. Congratulations on your first hop with us x

    ReplyDelete