Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Technique Tuesday Hop - Designer Series Paper

Welcome to our blog hop! 

Designer Series Paper (DSP) is probably one of the best buys a crafter can make.  Not only is it pretty and  and made from sturdy heavy weight paper, its double sided.  The 'B' side is often a plainer pattern which is where my inspiration began for todays hop.

I've used one of our recent FREEBIE papers from the SaleABration.  If you are like me, you have a huge stack of DSP that doesn't get touched.  I decided to embellish my DSP for this card using a few techniques.  Below is a series of photos of how I created my distressed and layered background for my card, altering the DSP.  It really pimps it up!

Cut your DSP to the size of your card base, leaving only a small gap for a border.  
Choose a stamp set that has both a larger detailed stamp as well as plenty of sentiments. I chose Words of Cheers for a Christmas card. 

Using heat and stick powder, emboss the large image, using versamark ink.  
Rub in some of the gold flakes with your finger, really working it in to get the details to shine and show up.

Use the versamark pad along the edges of the DSP to add extra blocks of the gold foiling.  
Take the collection of sentiments as well as some of the smaller images and mount them on one side of the block, inking these with versamark also.

Stamp then emboss with white over the 'gaps' on both sides of the DSP.  You don't want the entire sentiment on these edges, so stamp over the sides of the DSP.  
Ink using matching darker inks.  I've used Cherry Cobbler and Early expresso.  The ink will stain the white slightly.  Don't forget to buff over the gold foiling with a tissue to remove excess ink residue.
Add a few embellishments and large labels and your card is done.  So much texture, interest and layers all from one plain 'B SIDE' of DSP.  I love all the little details the layering of stamping has given.  I used the "A side" to cut out the cute deer and add it to the card - it matches perfectly of course.  
Thanks for joining me on the hop.  Don't forget to join everyone else and leave some feedback. 
Happy Stamping,
Rachael xx






6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card! I admire anyone who can get that Heat and Stick to work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Rachael, love the idea of using embossing and gilding flakes on the dsp, stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the technique with the Gold Flakes! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete