Friday, January 14, 2022

Stampin Dreams blog hop - a throwback

 Welcome to the Stampin Dreams Blog hop, a This blog hop's theme was 'THROWBACK" and we were encourage to recreate or find inspiration from a previous project or an old catalogue etc.  

I chose to CASE this card which is one of the first ones I made when I got my starter kit:  
I still love this card and thought it would be the ideal one to try to recreate for this challenge. 
I took some liberty with the new version, trying to keep it reasonably monotone, creating a larger label for the sentiment and having banners in the background. 
I’ve chosen the Simply Succulent stamp and matching dies for this card and teamed it with the brick embossing folder. I love those dies from the bundle, especially the string of pearls - yes I have plenty of succulent babies at my house! 
I’ve used soft succulent, night of navy and soft suede as the main colours although mint macaron made the perfect base for the soft succulent sponging. 

I even managed to sneak in some of the brass butterflies because what’s a garden without butterflies!? 


Don't forget to jump over to the other blogs and thank you for popping by mine.  
Happy Stampin,
Rachael xxx

9 comments: